About Entry to Program Stream:
Entry to Program Stream offers a new pathway for small arts organizations and arts programs with annual revenue of less than $200,000 across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to receive ongoing, unrestricted funds with grants of $2,000. The Entry to Program Stream provides general operating support, which helps organizations strengthen their core capacity, engage in critical planning efforts, and pay expenses related to staffing, business functions, and programming. This type of funding better supports long-term organizational sustainability versus Project Stream, which was one-time project support.
How Entry to Program Stream Will Work:
Entry to Program Stream will be available annually, statewide, and administered regionally to Crawford, Erie, Lawrence, Mercer, Venango, and Warren Counties through PPA Partner, Erie Arts & Culture. Eligible organizations will apply to Entry to Program Stream with the aim of eventually qualifying for Program Stream, which provides ongoing and flexible support at a higher average grant amount. Organizations may qualify for Program Stream after consistently receiving funds through Entry to Program Stream, receiving good panel assessments, and fulfilling grant award requirements.
Applications are due via Submittable by February 15, 2022, 5 PM EST. Late applications will NOT be accepted.
Current Funding Period:
September 1, 2022 to August 31, 2023
Eligibility and Guidelines:
Applicants must be a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation, a unit of government, or a school district providing arts programming and/or arts services in Pennsylvania. Applicants are required to provide proof of incorporation and activity in Pennsylvania before applications are reviewed or funds awarded.
- Unincorporated groups must apply through a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation that acts as a fiscal sponsor.
- The fiscal sponsor is legally responsible for the administration of the contract, including all reporting requirements, and may charge a fee for its services.
- Applicants applying through a fiscal sponsor organization must meet the same requirements as other applicants, except for nonprofit status.
- The fiscal sponsor is responsible for any award. The fiscal sponsor receives the award check directly from Erie Arts and Culture and is responsible for ensuring the completion of the final reports.
Applicants must also:
- Have an average annual revenue of less than $200,000.
- Have a history of at least one year of consistent arts programming.
- Applicants must be a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation, a unit of government, or a school district providing arts programming and/or arts services in Pennsylvania. Examples of such organizations include a college or university, library, social service organizations, health care facility, science or historical museum.
All grants must be matched on a dollar-for-dollar basis in cash. In-kind goods and services may not be used to match PCA funds. Entry to Program Stream grant funds cannot be used to match other PCA grants.
Note: Applicants cannot also be applicants in AOAP or PPA Program Stream.
Grant funds cannot be used for any of the following:
- Activities outside the performance period of the grant.
- Activities that have a religious purpose.
- Payments to lobbyists.
- Cash prizes and awards.
- Benefit activities.
- Hospitality expenses (i.e., receptions, parties, gallery openings).
- Capital expenditures, including equipment costing $500 - or more.
- Performances and exhibitions not available to the public.
Additional information may be found at: https://www.arts.pa.gov/WHAT%20WE%20DO/FUNDING/apply-for-a-grant/PPA-Entry-to-Program-Stream/Pages/default.aspx